Hooray. We’ve made it folks 🙂 ! 2017 is almost over and it’s been one heck of an adventure. This month’s newsletter will showcase some cool end-of-the-year wins in the Stellar Ecosystem.
For XLM Enthusiasts:
- Ledger Nano S support is now available for Lumens (XLM)
- Binance (Exchange) now lists Lumens (XLM)
- GOPAX (Exchange) now lists Lumens (XLM)
- Kik Messenger’s KIN coin to move from Ethereum to Stellar in 2018
For Developers & Entrepreneurs:
- Release Notes: Bifrost is a highly available and secure Bitcoin/Ethereum → Stellar bridge. It allows users to move BTC/ETH into Stellar and trade them for other tokens or participate in ICOs. We’ve released the Alpha version and encourage you to test it.
New Financial Institutions & Partners:
- SatoshiPay: is a web payment system that helps online publishers monetize digital assets like news articles, videos or PDFs in tiny increments and without friction. Using an easy-to-use wallet that is login-free, works across websites and needs no download, SatoshiPay unlocks entirely new business models on the web and on mobile. Starting now, all of SatoshiPay’s nanopayments will be made using the Stellar network.
- EXCH ONE GMBH: is a FinTech software company based in Switzerland currently working to integrate its platform and its first technology adopter Euro Exchange Securities UK Ltd. into the Stellar network. This addition to the Stellar network will bring access to currency markets of South and Central America, UK and a number of EU countries. Their ultimate objective is to build a global money remittance solution that has a lower cost and is more time efficient to provide cross-border, cross-currency payments.
- Novatti (ASX:NOV): is an Australian-based software technology and payment services provider. Novatti is currently working to integrate it’s platform into the Stellar network with the ultimate aim to build a global money transfer solution to provide cross border, cross currency and cross asset payments.
- Pundi X: is an Indonesia based fintech company that provides POS device, debit card, multi-currency wallet that empowers individuals to buy and sell cryptocurrency at any physical store in the world. The company plans to add XLM to the product offering and becomes an Indonesian rupiah anchor on the Stellar network.
- MoneyMatch: is a Malaysia based fintech startup that provides a fully-digital peer-to-peer currency exchange platform for customers to transfer and exchange foreign currencies with complete ease and at great value. The company plans to integrate with the Stellar network and enable pay in and pay out from Malaysia.
- Neoframe: is developing and marketing trading solutions for big brokerage firms in Korea and extends its business to blockchain based applications. Neoframe developed high performance centralized cryptocurrency exchange as well as secure wallet solutions and is working with big financial player. The company is planning to launch a remittance business for ASEAN countries using Stellar.
- Streami: is a Korea based fintech company that offers blockchain enabled cross-border remittance service and recently launched a cryptocurrency exchange. The partnership extends both on the exchange side and remittance operations.
- SureRemit ($RMT): is a Nigeria based global non-cash remittances company. SureRemit leverages the Stellar blockchain platform to connect immigrants abroad directly with merchants that provide the services needed by their loved ones back home. With Remit tokens, immigrants all over the world can access digital shopping vouchers that can be spent on goods and services at accepting merchants wherever they are.
- Cowrie Integrated Systems: is a Nigerian based Value Added Service Provider. Cowrie provides services at the intersection between telecoms and finance. Cowrie recently joined the Stellar network to bring novel fintech services to the African market.
- Smartlands: is a Stellar-based platform designed to create a new class of low-risk tokens, secured by real, profitable assets in the real-world economy. Smartlands is currently accepting applications from suitable projects looking to raise capital through asset tokenization.
Upcoming Events & Meetups
- Dec 17th – Mumbai: Stellar Advanced Workshop on Blockchain
- Dec 19 – Hong Kong: Intro to Stellar – Cross-Border Payments & ICOs
- Dec 25 – Bangkok: Intro to Stellar – Cross-Border Payments & ICOs
- Jan 8th – Singapore: Stellar – Blockchain For Payments
A Look Towards 2018 – Release Date: TBD